Sonic Reducers

I saw a band called Sonic Avenues in Montreal. They took me for a nice pint of beer and told me that Ontario is pretty great for garage punk and power pop. While I can't vouch for the state of Ontario's music scene; I can say that they look well punk pop (which is obviously pretty awesome), own all the Barracudas records, love the Exploding Hearts (r.i.p. literally) and play brusque French-Canadian power pop. Sound good? They have just self released their debut elpee on shee dee, empeethree and the obviously superior vinyl. Have a listen here: http://www.myspace.com/sonicavenues

And watch the awesome video for The Barracudas summer smash hit 'Summer Fun', if you're a total Cinderella and have had your head firmly planted in ze sand since nineteen seventy something or other...

No comments:

Post a Comment