REATARDEAD





I didn't know him or anything, but around 92% of all the music he made was fucking incredible, which is a hit-ratio anybody should be proud of.

Solo-wise you should definitely buy the "Singles 06-07 Collection," a compilation made from a ridiculous number of singles released between 2006-7 (duh,) of ridiculously good songs . You can get it from iTunes here.

Or even better, just buy ALL the records made by Reatards, the band I love him for the most. I think in those days he was literally like 16, singing songs like "Puke On You" and "Stupid Asshole," which were actually somehow pretty inspirational, at least for us when we started The Lusts around the same age. And if four sixth-formers in Leicester, middle England, took "inspiration" from such songs to get drunk and start a punk band, I'm sure a whole heap of fuckers around the world also did.

I've just spent 22 minutes trying to pick my favourite Reatards song to stick on here, I'll go with these two, for now.

REATARDS - "Oh My Soul"
REATARDS - "Stacye"

R.I.P Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment