Tall, Dark and Awesome!

Photobucket

I've always liked Hunter S Thompson. He said things like "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." and advocated "drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity". This reminds me of one of my favourite current LA punk bands...Le Face. Le Face are shallow, empty, drenched in 'hipster' reverb and dark as hell. I have just been bequeathed their second record on the pretty baaadass Tic Tak Totally Records (www.tictaktotally.com).

I have been trying (for about three months) to upload a couple of songs in mp3 format. 'Death Rattle' and 'Cellophane' which are on their new extremely horrible twelve inch (which comes in limited edition sickly swine flu booger green and sounds just like their last one; dog shit!). But unfortunately I am a technophobe and a beet of a mongoloid. So I either couldn't do it, or couldn't be arsed to do it...sorry.

Here in line with my baaaad blogging is a real old video of them playing live. suck it up.



While on the subject of faces and stuff, there is a pretty awesome power pop punk band from Minneapolis called Boys Club (www.myspace.com/ realboysclub) who have a great song called 'This is my face', or en Francais- 'C'est mon visage!

Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment